My Instruments (and builder info):
- Cloud Nine 17/16/8 chromatic with dampers, walnut and cedar w/bloodwood bridges, 1991, Michael Allen, Ostrander, OH;
- Ed Hale 16/15 soprano hammered dulcimer, 1989 (not shown).
- Custom 5-course 22.5” 2008 cittern, cedar top, Madagascar rosewood back/sides, walnut neck, built by J. Thomas Davis.
- 5-course 1981 Sobell cittern, small body, 22.5” scale, cedar and rosewood.
- 5-course Forster flat-top, pin-bridge cittern, 23” scale, spruce/rosewood.
- Andy Tobin 5-course cittern, cedar/walnut, 22.5” scale.
- 5-course, rosewood and cedar, Kennaquhair Instruments, 2000, Douglas Dieter, Burlington, IN, tuned DGDAD.
- more to add...
- Taylor 812C, rosewood and spruce, Taylor Guitars, 1994, usually tuned DADGAD.
Tenor Banjo (not shown):
- Lyon & Healy, American Conservatory model open-back, circa. 1920?.
Other instruments (not shown) used on “Within a Mile”:
- Whistles: Susato low D whistle, Bb whistle; Pat O’Riordon D “Traveler” pennywhistle; unnamed bamboo whistle.
- Strum stick: Mole in the Ground Studio.